Thursday, November 4, 2010

Learn while you sleep?


Hello everyone, today I’m going to talk about a myth of the brain: “Learn while you sleep”.

Well I think that if I could learn while I sleep would awesome, because during the day sometimes I don’t reach to do all that I have to do and in the night while I sleep I could listen the classes and learn more things of the university and so I wouldn’t feel guilty for sleep because I would be learning though this is something difficult because I don’t think that while I sleep I can learn because in this moment the brain is resting.

Before read this paper I listened something to respect but I had not paid attention because I didn’t care, but when I read about this myth in the paper I found very interesting because sometimes I fall asleep listen music but I believe that I don’t learn the songs while I’m sleeping. I think that in the paper this myth is explained in full and as through the experiments, researchers could prove in different people that this affirmation is a myth because people don’t learn or remember what they had read while they slept.

I agree with the Dr. Maldonado to respect this myth because is stranger that your brain can learn while you’re sleeping, is right that the brain has some of activities because during the night everyone has dreams and in these moments the brain has activities but is rare that this myth is true. I agree with him respect to sleep modifies the memorization of things learned just before falling asleep but it doesn’t allow learn while one sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Maria Ignacia! I liked the idea that while I'm sleeping I could listen and learn the lessons for the next day, and I haven't to read again and again. But, as we understand this is only a myth.
    Bye bye !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, With respect a this myth that is good to sleep to consolidate your learning, is true!. So when you study, it is good sleep after!!.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi nacha!

    I agree with you, if this myth would be true it would be amazing, but it's false. So we ha have to study anyway.

    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete